02 January 2008

Forward into 2008

Happy New Year to you all.

I've been doing a spot of gardening. You'll notice the cooler, snappier design. More of a grown-up website. What do you think?

I'm trying to make this your one-stop shop for advice, information and best practice on records management. Let me know if you find anything you think should be posted here.

All of the video links are now together at the top of the sidebar (the stuff on the right hand side)in the 'Watch this...' folder.

I looked at what the most popular searches were for people visiting this blog. By far the most popular was 'Business Classification Scheme'. You old-fashioned things! So, you'll notice a new sidebar that takes you to some excellent links that cover how to design a BCS. Good luck and happy hunting.

The second most popular search was for 'Retention Schedules'. So again, I've added a sidebar full of useful links to relevant websites. You are also extremely interested in 'Naming conventions' and, therefore, I've added a sidebar to help you find some pertinent posts. Enjoy. Please let me know if you find other interesting links.

I'll keep an eye out for what you're interested in and, where I see a pattern, I'll either draft or publish links to relevant articles. But I'm also going to look out for the latest developments and report them in depth and with a critical eye. There's never been a more exciting time to be a records manager; it's more exhilarating than lion-taming!

Why don't you make 2008 the year when you get involved? I'll be happy to publish anything about records management. It will help if your articles are relevant, informative, interesting and well-written but, hey, there are no hard and fast rules.

Have a great 2008.

No comments:

Search This Blog